Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tornado!

It seems like from the time we moved here to now, there's been two types of weather: gorgeous and tornadic. Growing up in Alabama, we never had much experience with dealing with severe tornadoes. Within the past two weeks I have seen more tornadoes than in all of my life. Sometimes it is really scary, but other times I am in awe. One thing I have always been aware of is an appreciation for weather. It's crazy to think that one minute all can be still but the next minute there is a tornado bearing down on you. It's been quite eye-opening. It's weird to think that this is going to be my way of life for the next few years. For two to three months out of every year, life is consumed by the threat of severe weather. And no one here gets worried about it! They don't even leave work when there is the threat of severe weather! I have a lot to learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment